Saturday, June 19, 2010

Talking Movies: Catcher in the Rye Movie?

Oh wow, is there a possibility? I read from the Telegraph UK...

JD Salinger always insisted The Catcher in the Rye was "unactable" and refused to let Hollywood anywhere near his masterpiece. But six months after his death, producers believe their chances of landing film rights to The Catcher in The Rye, considered the "holy grail" of scripts, are improving and a movie could be on the horizon.

Salinger maintained an intractable grip over the book during his lifetime and his publishers have insisted the rights are still not for sale. I suggest read the whole article.

Young stars of yester years (now they're old) dying to play Holden Caulfield. I wonder who best to pay the part...

I'm interested to see.. but I don't think movie will ever replace the book.. cos the book will always be better.

I just hope I don't have to puke watching the movie if there is one. He he.. in Caulfield mode.

No comments: