Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Something to read and think..

In case anybody wanders to this blog and if interested. There is an article in the New York Times- What Broke My Father's Heart by Kathy Butler.

It is a long 7 page narrative of their ordeal with pacemaker, medicare, doctors and hospital ethics, liability of patient and doctors, dementia, heart attack, modern medicines...I can go on. It's informative painful way of sharing what the family did and the risk and the decision making that comes into important situations.

I admit I don't know anything about these things but my grandma had dementia (I think It was) but she was sane. God bless her soul. Although in her case, it did not come to point the where we had to make decisions because of sickness.

The article is full of information for research for knowing what to do and what not and how to do so if put in such a situation. I don't know.. just figured it's interesting.

No comments: