Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Of Netbooks, Windows 7, IE 8 and others

I'm turning geeky right now. Seriously, I've got too many tabs open with all geeky websites to view their geeky products and absorbing latest gadgets and innovations. This year is the year of smaller laptop. If you're wondering what a Netbook is obviously, it's a scale down version of a laptop. Whatever you call them, they're economical and easy on the budget. Asus probably started it all having that EEE pc. I did say economical, right? .not really just look at price of P series. What's economical about that? Majority are.. of course.


Since I'm still on budget constraint and saving for either x300 or the Mac Book Pro, I've decided I will get me a Netbook for now. I like it! I'm thinking of the Lenovo Ideapad or the the Vaio from Sony. I've been reading the reviews from different sites about the hottest Net books and which would be worth all that hard earned saving I'm gonna spend.

Cnet: HP mini 2140, Sony Series P series, Samsung NC10, HP Mini 1000, Asus N10 J-AI)
Fox tech: Dell Inspiron Mini 9, Asus Eee Pc 900, Lenovo Ideapad s10, MSI Megabook U10)

Best at CES 09 and Gizmodo.

I don't know what to pick. My budget will know though. Ha ha. I went to Sony Square and damn, I love that P series. It's by order basis though. There's a 65,000 pesos ($1400) and ($960) 45,000 pesos. Yikes. I'd just as well buy a MacBook pro.

Well If I'm to get a Netbook... it has to have the new Windows 7 but Windows has so many versions: Starter Edition, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate.

I think for the Netbook it's the starter edition. Arg. I can only blog..no bucks yet to buy any...unless somebody out there wants to give me any I've mentioned here. Heh.

No comments: