Friday, October 06, 2006

He said, she said

In an exclusive interview, Lance Corporal Daniel Smith, 21, from Thibodaux, Louisiana, told GMA News that he was confident the Philippine court handling the case would acquit him and three other Marines of the rape charges. "Even if there was an attempt to settle, I wouldn't want to because this is my life here and I'm being accused of what I feel is the worst thing anybody can be accused of," he said. Click the link above if you want t see the video.

For the complainant's part, click this link

And as he speaks, new batches of US servicemen just arrived from...I forgot (Japan probably). They're now in Subic for a military exercise. There's more coming. R and R for these servicemen are not allowed most likely due to what happened last year. Eh, the Subic rape case scandal, as it ends. The court's decision and verdict next month. I think.

View more blog related posts:
Accused Marine Daniel Smith speaks out (AP interview)
Interview with the accused (Chad Carpentier)
Subic rape case: four u.s marines charged with rape
Subic rape case may not be a case after all
Military tales, Military woes

No comments: