Thursday, October 12, 2006

Fashion press at the White House garden

President Bush complimented Kevin Corke' s suit.

"If I might say, that is a beautiful suit," he told NBC News correspondent Kevin Corke at yesterday's news conference in the Rose Garden. "My tailor appreciates that," replied Corke, wearing a $1,500 custom pinstripe number by Tom James with bright-red tie and pocket square. (Washington Post)

How insane! $1500 for a suit? For a correspondent? My goodness, that's like 55,000 pesos! That could be the earnings of our reporters/journalists even soldiers, policemen for a whole year. Maybe half (I guess, if they have sidejobs. Heh) but really, I find it to be too much. I mean of course one needs to dress nicely and be presentable but really.... c'mon! Uhm okay, if it's freebie or paid by the company, well, how lucky to get suited up fashionably. Hah.

Okay.. so the whole article actually is all about Bush making small talk because news is not so great especially for the republicans (being mid term elections and all) and other foreign policy matters. But hey even with small fashion talk, he can't get way with reporters questions.

No comments: