Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Let the campaign begin, stop 'Pacman' from running

It's showtime. 'Tis the season to start campaining. Opposition wasted no time and toured Manila (GMA News)

Francis 'Chiz' Escudero gets my vote.

Election fever heating up the states and here in my county it's becoming raging bull of gimmicks, ads, attention grabbing posters and paid advertising of officials running for position to govern. Our national elections is just several months away (May 11) and we're voting for Senators and Congressmen and other local officials. I don't know if I'm gonna see candidates in their sorties and such, I hardly go out anyway. I don't think they will roam around and shake hands and kiss babies in a nice neighborhood. They always go to places where the masses are. However, I keep seeing t.v ads of candidates running mostly for Senators. Political ads proliferating the idiot box. Some are so corny. They, the candidates chose to air their few minutes of ads without much substance.....just stupid ass cornball music and crap.

The one from Ping Lacson was a bit alright. Something about H.O.P.E. I only saw once (earlier) I forgot what the campaign ad was all about. The rest was funny ha ha hah funny. I suspect I'll see more ads. 'Tis the season of election.

Gah. My mind ain't working right now. I must be sleepy. It's early morning.

So Manny Paquiao is really running for.... ah, shit. I forgot what he's running for. Congressman. I think. Or governor. I'm not sure now but whatever position it is.... STOP! whats wrong with that boxer?! Manny should just stick to boxing! No ifs no buts. I am pretty sure many of his politician friends convinced him to run for a seat as house representative. YIKES! of course there's nothing wrong with helping the people and the 'Pacman' has good heart and genuine desire to help his constituent but please, majority of Filipinos thinks he can contribute and help by just sticking it out with boxing.

Manny Paquiao should heed to the request of many. Leave politics and just get on with boxing and do your countrymen proud once more.

No comments: