Friday, January 12, 2007

War and consequence

I don't even know why I'm blogging about it. I don't even care. But anyhow...

So President Bush made his Iraq speech earlier. He acknowledges failure in Iraq...

He described the situation in Iraq as "unacceptable" to the American people and to himself. "Our troops in Iraq have fought bravely. They have done everything we have asked them to do," he said. "Where mistakes have been made, the responsibility rests with me." (Washington Post)

Bush said he would like to send more troops --more than 20,000. Congress which now has Democrats in control doesn't like the idea and are opposed to it. They will block by means of bipartisan legislature (is that the right term?) and it's pretty obvious majority thinks sending more troops only worsens the situation and will only drag the U.S. further in the escalating civil war that Iraq seems to have turned into.

I've seen (from telly and internet news) a lot of polls that Americans don't like what's happening in Iraq and the sending of more military men. But what about the military itself? The soldiers, the Marines, Army...the whole troops. Perhaps I don't really read or watch t.v. that much and I have no idea but... are they willing to be deployed there? I remember reading something about this one soldier who refused to be deployed in Iraq. Is he in the majority, I wonder. Maybe.

Sending more troops will mean more casualties but it will mean also that they will be there to help Iraqis. Rebuilding that country is major herculean task.

If troops are there to help to train to rebuild to reconstruct then they should be supported. Boost the morale of soldier Don't cut funding...or something.

I don't make sense, I know. I'm just blogging my thoughts!

Iraq's success lies in getting helped from Americans. That's what's Bush wanted the people to understand. It's noble thing but at the expense of the troops ..well it doesn't seem be working anymore. American people basically tired of the Iraq war. That's how I see it..from an Asian perspective of course.

No comments: