Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I don't care about about Da Vinci Code

There's still a question mark whether the movie will be shown here or not.

Censor here has yet to grant it a release permit despite a slated opening date of May 18.
"We will decide on the permit based on whether the film attacks a religion, creed or doctrine, and if it defames a person living or dead," the censor, Consoliza Laguardia, told local radio on Monday.

Personally I could care less. I haven't read the book.

I know it's a best seller. Millions of people read it (hence the excitement over the movie, I guess). My sister has the book here. Karl even bought one as well. Even my friends (few that I have) who've read it says it's exciting and controversial. Still it doesn't interest me. Jesus having an affair with Mary Magdalene and siring a child and all that. Heh. Riiiight! it's a work of fiction you know.

Lets and wait and see if the movie will be shown here. I think SM cinemas will not show if it's 18 and above. SM has the most number of cinemas here. But their patrons are mostly C and D crowd.

You know what, I thinkI'm more interested about A Scanner Darkly. One of the most anticipated summer movies.

*Edit.. Censors here gave Da Vinci Code R-18 classification. SM cinemas not showing it.

Movie was shown to the press at Cannes Festival. Veridct:
Critics hate it. Majority of them!

Reactions ranged from halfhearted admiration to boredom to derision among journalists.

Ouch!

No comments: