Thursday, February 23, 2006

So where were you when it happened?

People Power in EDSA. Do people still care about that historic moment? I hope they do. After reading and seeing(news and documentaries) what it was like during the Martial Law years and the sufferings of people back then-those who were fighting for freedom of everything!, I think taking out the tyrannical ruler through that historical event, should always be remembered. The world was looking in awe as we deposed and and took out Ferdinand Marcos from his high pedestal throne from Malacanang Palace.

Tomorrow will be the 20th year anniversary of the revolution. Do people still care about it. I dunno. I'm blogging about it just because...it's an event. A moment in our nation's history to be proud of and feel good.

The time is ripe for a new People Power revolt but I think most are tired of it. Then again....if it's a way to change and have a better government..why not. Make sure it's bloodless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Change is good but sometimes most people abuse it. I have to agree with our president when she said she's the best person to lead the country. Well, if she's not, then who else? yeah ok she cheated last election. but aren't all politicians cheats? tell me who has clean hands..

hypocrisy is the word.

Those oppositions are doing all the best they can to bring the country without realizing that they're just dragging our country into deep shit. and they are doing that for their own benefits. I wonder when will they ever learned that the situation is not the same as EDSA I and EDSA II?