Monday, February 27, 2006

Death of Diary-x: Requiem for my online journal

It;s just a journal.. a an online site to rant about life to and update angst and to mull over things mundane as they can be. But.. with so many words and thoughts gone.. it's kinda hard not to feel something. I use d-x to further improve my writing skills and share my thoughts.

Grieving for the loss of my journal. Five years of my online journal gone. Five years of my life gone. I spent five years sharing my depeest innermost thoughts and secrets to my online journal(especially about the death of my mom) and now I learned that it's dead! the site will be close due to unrecoverable drive failure.

Five years of thoughts and words and memories saved.... and it's all gone. I am sad. I invested my brains and writing skills, my emotional outburst, my happy thoughts, sad painful sorrows of life. Me, myself and I..my life basically since 2002 I shared everything in there. my wit and whining, candor and crappy thoughs about my everyday life. My crushes, my friends, stories of love and hate and melancholy musings. Everything's empty now. I'm gonna miss the long hours of confiding to my journal and updating it everyday. I feel bad that all the hours I spent laboring infront of the pc making layouts are gone (I have 14 layouts there). But mostly I just feel sad that five years of life love and tears and angst that was entrusted to my online journa gone down. All gone.

I'm not mad at Stephen but knwing that it's an online jounrnal, all measures should have been taken care off because hundreds of people uses his site to publish journals. It's easy, it's simple to use (just like blogger) and have good reviews that's why I picked it host my life online so.. why did it came to this? I should've back up my files before but..I didn't.. next time I'll know better.

Bye diary-x. It's not gonna be thesame. I have to start anew. Just glad I have this blog same time I started my online journal.

No comments: