Thursday, August 18, 2005

What exactly is an American Accent?

People who can't get a job of their choice mostly end up in "sunshine industry" meaning call center. Outsourcing has become the "in" thing for the past several years and working for a call center seems to be the option to take when one can't really find a work. It's a highpaying job which requires long hours of sitting infront of the computer and blah blah to whatever the customer needs. They said one has to have an "American accent" but what is exactly an "American accent?." I heard somebody talking and it is audible in my bionic ears but the person speaking was veryirritating and doing it a garbled messed up accent, I wonder how the hell could someone understand him? Cos I didn't.

"American accent" shouldn't be slang. Not all Americans speak with a twang. In each state, they talk and enunciate words different from that of another state.

Okay enough said. I'm just doing some blahgging time.

No comments: