Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Looks similar but it's not thesame

Hah. No doubt hurricane Katrina devastated Lousiana, New Orleans, Mississippi and Alabama and left utter destruction (duh!). I was gonna compare it to Asian tsunamis but after seeing quite bit of the news videos of the hurricane, I changed my mind. What happened here in Asia with the tsunamis back in December brought a much catastrophic effect to lives of people.

But tragedy is tragedy not matter which part of the world you are, people are the ones who suffer. Oh, and also the reporters. I noticed, watching CNN couple of their reporters were crying and voices breaking while trying t to report. Well, they're only human. Seeing utter loss of others can get to them and their emotions. Just like it gets to me.

By the way, here in the Philippines, we don't really have any hurricanes. The worst would be a storm signal number 4 (a sort of category 1 or 2 hurrincane, I think). We have severe flooding though because people dump trashes everywhere and loggers kill trees!

No comments: