Friday, May 06, 2005

Shattered Lies

Just finished watching the film Shattered Glass and I enjoyed the movie. (yeah, after two years they finally showed it here in the Philippines). The film is based on the life Stephen Glass (played by Hayden Christensen) and his fabricated articles for The New Republic .

I somehow could relate to the office politics and the everyday going ons of running a newspaper. Not that I'm working for one but that my mom had been a journalist and in the media even before I was born. During the many years o of her career as a columnist/reporter and eventually becoming editor, I've seen some dirty politicking by the company she worked for and the people appointed by the government (newspaper was a sequestered one). My mom stayed true loyal until office politics drove her out of her position. She's one of the best well respected by her peers in the media business. Greed and jealousy by some of the higher ups in the paper she worked pushed her out of her job but she recovered and eventually worked for one of the Metro's popular broadsheet until her death

But anyway, read more about the work(fabricated ones..or most of it) by former New Republic associate editor Stephen Glass

http://www.rickmcginnis.com/articles/Glassindex.htm

No comments: