Monday, October 20, 2003

Ethics of blogging and linking and copyright issues
Found a very interesting article about news content, ownership and linking whilst browsing OJR and they asked this question: Is it ethical to make and distribute copies of news content? There is this protocol for ethical linking in the report but it says it doesn't sit well with some web users

If people are restricted to linking something off the web and other news content services than I guess it would be like restricting user of reading something of that news in somebody else's site or blog. I don't think it would be stealing and invading intellectual property rights of anybody if there's a link provided back and something that says where one has gotten the news. I hope I''m making sense here. I just find it interesting that there is this ethics of linking.

No comments: