Friday, September 11, 2009

Have People Already Forgotten What Happened Eight Years Ago?

Today is September 11 where I'm from. I'm not American, but I'll always remember what happened that day... it was night here as I live in Asia. I will never forget what I saw on my t.v screen.

On that day fateful day of September 11, 2001 America broke down. Mourning and weeping.

I cried when when I saw people jump from the windows of Twin Towers. I cried when I saw the towers collapsed. I cried when saw people looking for their loved ones. I cried and cried with the events I saw on television. Multiple terror attacks in the US; the bombing at the Pentagon, the plane crashed in Pennsylvania and most especially the terror that hit New York as the hijacked plane smashed into the Twin Towers and we saw the building on fire and collapsed.

It's just sad that people seemed to have forgotten it. I'm not sure but I know every year there is a commemoration. They read the names of those who perished and every time I watch it, I still get shivers and I tear up.

Yes, 9/11 I weep for you.

No comments: